Website City of Kitchener
City of Kitchener
|Competition Number||#4-68M||Position Title||Licensed Technician 1|
1. Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
2. Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
3. Must be willing to successfully complete a medical examination if required.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written.
5. Must have a minimum Grade 12 education.
6. Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in current motive power repair, fabrication and operating.
7. Must hold a valid MTO Class “G” license in good standing.
8. Must be able to obtain a valid MTO Class “DZ” driver’s license within 6 months of hire (at your own expense).
9. Must have previous work experience in a mechanical area and must be mechanically inclined.
10. Must have the ability to participate as an effective team member.
11. Must have satisfactory knowledge in safety legislation and work procedures as it applies to the field.
12. Must have demonstrated relevant work experience related to the applied position.
13. Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification from the Ontario Ministry of College and Universities as a Truck Coach Technician (310T) and/or Automotive Service Technician (310S).
14. Candidates holding only 1 of the certificates noted above will be required to obtain the other certificate within an acceptable timeframe.
15. Must possess all hand tools applicable to the trade.
Hours of Work
May be assigned to nights (Sunday – Thursday, 11pm – 7am) or afternoons (Monday – Friday, 3pm – 11pm); 40 hours/week
Note: Please include copies of any certificates and licenses with your application.
Please note that as per Human Resources Policy #II-110, “Employment of Relatives of Staff Members and Elected Officials”:
“The immediate relatives of staff of the Human Resources Division, all Directors, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, or the Chief Administrative Officer and Elected Officials shall not be employed by the City in any capacity.
The immediate relatives of all other Management personnel shall not be employed where such employment would be:
1. within the same Department in the case of permanent full-time, temporary full-time and part-time classifications.
2. within the same Division in the case of students.”
Candidates selected for hire may be required to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract dated no earlier than 30 days prior to their hire date as a condition of employment, in addition to completing a driving skills assessment. Additional seat time and/ or training, if required, will be provided at the determination of the Supervisor, Fleet Safety and Compliance subject to management’s discretion.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
|Division||Fleet||Union Affiliation||C.U.P.E. 68M|
|Job Status||Full Time Permanent||Posting Added Date||8/2/2018|
|Posting Closing Date||8/24/2018||Posting Closing Time||11:59pm|
|Internal Posting Closing Date||8/24/2018||Progress Status||Receiving Applications|
|Branch/Location Office||Kitchener Operations Facility||Country||Canada [CA]|
|Compensation Range||$28.93-$31.72 (1 Lic); $29.47-$32.31 (2 Lic)|
To apply for this job please visit www.kitchener.ca.