Website City of London
Posting for: City of London, Environmental & Engineering Services/Fleet Services
Position: Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
File #: COL00127
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Works under the direction of a Fleet Supervisor II or designate. Responsible for a wide range of mechanical service, inspection and repair activities to municipal vehicles and equipment to a level of competency expected of a Motor Vehicle Technician holding a 310T and 310S Technician License and Certificate of Qualification.
Successful completion of Grade 12 in the Province of Ontario or equivalent, plus;
Successful completion of both 310T (Truck and Coach) and 310S (Automotive) Technician Apprenticeship Programs at a certified community college or trade school.
Specialized Training and Licenses:
- Valid Internal Combustion Alternate Fuel Certificates, ICE-NG (Natural Gas) and ICE-P (Propane)
- 6500 hours of documented training and work experience in the 310S (Automotive) Technician field
- 6000 hours of documented training and work experience in the 310T (Truck and Coach) Technician field
- Valid Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) from the Ontario Ministry of College and Universities as a 310T (Truck and Coach Technician) and 310 S (Automotive Technician).
- Valid Class DZ Driver’s License (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and applicable legislation and regulations governing Motor Vehicle Technicians.
Note: Shift work is required.
How to Apply:
Please visit the City of London website to apply online at https://bit.ly/3haPZiX Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a basic criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Application: Monday, May 17, 2021.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.