Website City Of London
Posting for: City of London – Environmental & Engineering Services
Position: Specialist, Fleet Planning
Position Type: Permanent, Full-time
File #: M-72-18E
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reports to the Manager of Fleet Planning. Works both independently and in a team environment to assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Fleet Capital replacement program. Prepares and maintains comprehensive fleet asset data in JD Edwards. Assists in the development of fleet capital budget, 10 year capital planning continuity schedule and the fleet rental rates. Monitors compliance with existing legislation and corporate and departmental policies and procedures, with particular focus of compliance with the terms and conditions of the Procurement of Goods and Service Policy. Provides advice and assistance to management on vehicle and equipment selection and solutions that meet the Corporations sustainable, environmental, and value strategic priorities.
• University degree or community college diploma in a related discipline.
• Possession of 310S (Automotive Technician) and 310T (Truck and Coach Technician) Licenses are an asset.
• Five to seven years previous related experience in industrial automotive unionized environment.
• Knowledge and training in public sector procurement and specification writing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of fleet related relevant legislation, codes, standards, and principles of safety management.
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated computer experience including a variety of software applications particularly spreadsheets and asset management systems.
Compensation: $61,320 to $86,856
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at http://bit.ly/2yVK3TZ
Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday, November 20, 2018.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of London is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.