Website London Police Services
LONDON POLICE SERVICE
Position: Automotive Service Technician
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Application Deadline: May 18, 2022
The London Police Service is hiring an Automotive Service Technician to support our Fleet Services team. The Automotive Service Technician is responsible and accountable to the Senior Director of the Facilities, Finance and Fleet Division and for the efficient and timely performance of the assigned duties and responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
* Diagnose, overhaul, repair, and report all types of faults in mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic assemblies found on any current LPS vehicles;
* Perform service calls to officers on the street when required;
* Perform metal cutting and welding and electrical welding for any modifications of vehicles when required; and when necessary fabricate, install and maintain all emergency equipment on fleet vehicles;
* Perform road tests on vehicles and check completed work to ensure proper operation; this includes checking the work completed by Garage Attendants.
* Complete inspection forms and work orders when required;
* All other duties as assigned within core competencies.
* 4 year apprenticeship automotive course and possess a Class A Mechanics Licence and a propane licence
* 3 years pre-employment related experience
* Meet performance standards within 6-12 months
$83,125 (starting) to $101,625 (at 30 months)
Hours of Duty:
Compressed Work Schedule: Rotation of Four (4) weeks Monday – Thursday (10 hour shifts) and Four (4) weeks Tuesday – Friday (10 hour shifts). Monday – Friday (8 hour shifts) when the week includes a statutory holiday (with stat day off).
Medical, Dental, and Vision, Life Insurance, Pension Plan (OMERS), Employee Family Assistance Plan, and On-Site Fitness Facilities.
Condition of Employment:
All London Police Service employees are required to be fully vaccinated (defined as completion of the full vaccination cycle with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada) as a condition of hire unless there is a valid exemption pursuant to the Human Rights Code.
Please refer to the “How to Apply” page on our website for application instructions. We thank all applicants for their interest in the London Police Service; however only those selected will be contacted.
London Police Service is committed to creating and fostering a diverse and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens that we serve. It is the LPS policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant, in accordance with federal and provincial regulations and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.
Applicants requiring accommodation for any stage of the application process are encouraged to notify LPS in advance by indicating the request for accommodation in the application, or calling Human Resources at 519.661.5660.
The London Police Service is located in southwestern Ontario, Canada. We have over 800 members (officers and civilians) and we proudly serve over 380,000 residents in the City of London. Our mission is to ensure the safety and well-being of London’s communities and our goal is to have a membership that is representative of the diverse London community.
To apply for this job please visit www.londonpolice.ca.