June – 2016

Subject MEOA Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Chair Person Ray Klochnyk
Date June 21, 2016

New Dundee Golf Club



Executive Present Position Attended Regrets
Rick Ellig President   ü
Ray Klochnyk Past President   ü  
Bill Barr Vice President ü   
Don Miller Treasurer   ü  
Dave Sharp Secretary ü  
Mike Fortier Municipal Director   ü  
Jim Thompson Municipal Director    ü
Scott Boughner Municipal Director ü  
Andre Boutin Supplier Director ü  
Cor Bultena Supplier Director        ü
Cameron MacRae Supplier Director   ü  
Diane Shirchenko Communications & Marketing   ü  
Bill Greenhalgh Training & Compliance Director   ü
Clare Pomeroy Field Trip Coordinator    ü
Frank Vanhie Field Trip Assistant   ü  


Action Items Arising From The Minutes

Item #

Action Required Comments


Target Date Date Resolved
1 Audit Check if 3rd party audit is required Rick Oct/2016 Dec 31/2016
    Don to contact BDO to ask for guidance on MEOA compliance regarding the new Act Don Miller Oct/2016 Pending
2 Spring Meeting Don & Diane to meet & review CVENT outstanding Don/Diane ASAP Pending
3 Charity Cheque Present cheque Ray ASAP Pending
4 Charity Funds From Spring Meeting Don to cheek & advise funds raised at meeting Don Next Meeting Pending
5 Spring Meeting Decision for future format All Agenda item for next meeting Pending
6 Events Co Chairs & planning All Agenda item for next meeting Pending
7 PD Day Hole sponsorship Mike ASAP Pending
    JJE Ball Mike ASAP Pending
    Draw envelops Ray ASAP Pending
    Draw prizes Mike ASAP Pending
    Registration gift Frank ASAP Pending
8 Web Site Remove old minutes

Diane to follow up with Mike

Diane ASAP Pending
9 Field Trip Locations Clare/ Frank/Scott ASAP Pending
10 CVENT Replacement All ASAP Pending
11 Post Conference newsletter Prepare & post on web site Diane ASAP Pending




Notes, Decisions
1) Call To Order Meeting called to order by Ray Klochnyk at 9:30 A.M.


2) Welcome To Scott Ray welcomed Scott Boughner to the executive and to his first executive meeting. Ray also thanked Scott for standing for election & joining the executive. 


3) Approval Of Minutes The minutes from the May 18th, 2016 executive meeting were read and adopted.

Motion to accept: Diane Shirchenko

Seconded: Mike Fortier,  Carried


4) Treasurers Report Current bank balance $11,192.42

All Spring Conference & Equipment Show expenses have been paid except for $418.10 that is outstanding to Strongco.

Ray will be presenting the charity cheque to the Donkey Sanctuary.

CVENT is showing 29,000.00 outstanding from the Spring Conference & Equipment Show. Don and Diane will be meeting to go through this & sort it out.

Diane has sent out approximately 4,000.00 in invoices for the gala dinner that are outstanding.  Diane also advised that the refund of 10.00 per night per room in the total amount of approximately 1,600.00 has not yet come in from The Marriot.

A comparison of budget to actual costs will be made.

Don will check the amount of charity funds raised at The Spring Conference & Equipment Show and advise at the July meeting.

Motion to accept: Scott Boughner

Seconded: Andre Boutin,  Carried


5) Spring  Conference Review A decision needs to be made if we will continue with same format as this year with combined conference & equipment show. Or whether we will go back to the prior format of separate conference & show. Will be added to the agenda for the July meeting.

The other annual MEOA events for next year need co chairs assigned dates arranged & planning started. Will also be added to the agenda for the July meeting.


6) PD Day New Dundee Golf & Country Club have agreed to honor the verbal pricing @ $5.00 rate per person less than the contact price .

The  club has not yet requested a deposit.

Registration to open at 9:30 shotgun start at 10:30 and dinner at 4:30.

To date 29 have registered and another 3 have told Mike that they will be registering.

Mike will contact suppliers to promote hole sponsorship.

Mike will check with JJE to see if they will be sponsoring the JJE balls again this year.

For the 50/50 tickets etc we will use the same envelope system as last year and Ray will look after stuffing the envelopes.

Hole sponsor signs are ready and we also have blanks for additional sponsors. We have a total of 25 sign holders and will aim for 25 hole sponsors.

SUDEP have been invited to PD day and it looks favourable that they may attend & also do a short presentation to promote their charity.

Budget for prize draw gifts set at 1,200.00. Mike will look after picking up the prizes. Suggested prizes are a TV, BBQ, weed trimer & blower.

Frank brought sample hand out gifts and a fold open knife with MEOA logo was selected for this year’s gift. Frank will look after placing the order for a quantity of 150.

Mike asked all executive who will be attending & who have not done so to register on the web site.

A registration reminder will be sent out to the membership.

Ray is going to contact Bryan’s Auction regarding hole in one sponsorship.


7) Field Trip Update  Frank distributed letters to suppliers to see if they had any interest in trip sponsorship and possible locations and has received no response.

Various locations still under consideration but nothing yet firmed up. Trip to southern US still under consideration. 

Sweepster have contacted Clare and advised that they would be interested in participating.

Andre advised that he could obtain sponsorship for a day or evening if the sponsoring suppliers location is going to be visited.

Currently looks like the length of the trip will need to be in the 4 to 6 day range.

Additional details to be reported at July meeting.

Scott Boughner has volunteered to help with the trip planning.

In prior years the field trip has been run as a break even event. It was suggested that this year we should try to realize a profit from the event in order to help with our current financial position.  


8) Web Site CVENT will cease as of end of 2016 after the Spring Conference & Equipment show has been sorted out we will be looking for a replacement for CVENT.

Diane is preparing a post Spring Conference & Equipment show news letter that will be posted on the web site. The news letter will tank sponsors. Some of the photos taken at the event will be used in the news letter. Diane will be looking for input from the event sponsors and will also be contacting a few municipal members for input. Andre offered to prepare something for Diane. 

Diane to ask Mike Born to cheek if the issue with the old minutes coming up can be resolved or has possibly already been resolved by Cara

Scott has a contact with a web site designer who may be help with the MEOA site. Scott will forward the contact information to Rick.


9) Action Items Refer to action items above.


1) New Business None


Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 11:30 motion by Bill Barr seconded by Don Miller, carried.



Next Meeting
Scheduled Date July 21, 2016 Dundas