August – 2017

Subject MEOA Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Chair Person Jim Thompson
Date August 29, 2017

26 Bataniuk St, St. Catharines, Ontario


Executive Present Position Attended Regrets
Jim Thompson President ü


Rick Ellig Past President ü  
Scott Boughner Vice President ü


Don Miller Treasurer   ü  
Dave Sharp Secretary ü  
Trent Crowe Municipal Director   ü  
Paul Peyton Municipal Director    ü
Bill Koch Supplier Director   ü
Cor Bultena Supplier Director   ü     
Cameron MacRae Supplier Director   ü  
Diane Shirchenko Communications & Marketing   ü  
Stephen Sinclair Training & Compliance Director  ü  
Clare Pomeroy Field Trip Coordinator   ü  
Frank Vanhie Field Trip Assistant    ü
Mike Born I.T. Coordinator    ü


Action Items Arising From The Minutes

Item #

Action Required Comments


Target Date Date Resolved
1 Spring Conference & Trade Show Confirm available dates for spring or fall with Fleet Summit Don Next Meeting Pending
2 Field Trip Prepare E mail to send to members & those on trip list Jim Monday August 28th Pending
    Check for room sponsors Committee ASAP Pending
    Book rooms in Greek Town Diane ASAP Pending
    Prepare letter inviting AORS members to attend Jim Monday August 28th Pending
    Investigate IFAT for 2018 trip Cam ASAP Pending
   3 Web Site Send 2016 minutes to Mike when site has space for posting Dave ASAP Pending
4 Marketing & Membership Investigate corporate membership for 2018 All For 2018 Pending
    Send photos for newsletter to Diane Ray ASAP Pending
    Send newsletter to e mail list Diane/Mike ASAP Pending
    Send newsletter to AORS Diane/Mike ASAP Pending
    After photo update print newsletter & mail Diane ASAP Pending
    Prepare 2017 newsletter for fall release Diane ASAP Pending
5 Municipal Director Position Report back with suggestions All Next Meeting Pending
    Send mail to members asking for volunteers Jim After next meeting Pending
    Follow up re: Dave Fawcett Scott Next Meeting Pending
7 PD Day Investigate Woodington Lakes as possible location Trent Next Meeting Pending
    Check re possible earlier start at HV Trent Next Meeting pending
8 Supplier Director Follow up with Bill Koch Jim ASAP Pending
8 New Business Licensing Changes send OTA information to Mike for posting on web site Stephen When received from OTA Pending




Notes, Decisions    
1) Call To Order Meeting called to order by Jim Thompson at 9:50 A.M.    
2) Approval Of Minutes The minutes from the June 28, 2017 executive meeting were read and adopted.

Motion to accept: Diane Shirchenko

Seconded: Stephen Sinclair,  Carried

3) Treasurers Report Current bank balance $29,688.65. Field trip sponsorship cheque received from ADESA in the amount of 3,000.00 to be deposited. Field trip bus has been paid for. Three people have currently paid for the Field Trip. Motion to accept: Rick Ellig, Seconded: Cor Bultena,  Carried       
4) Supplier Director Jim will follow up with Bill Koch to confirm if he will be staying on the executive with his current job change from JJE to VCL.     
5) Municipal Director All to keep feelers out for anyone that would be interested in the position. Scott will speak to Frank  to see if Dave Fawcett from London may be interested.    
6) Marketing & Membership  For promotion Diane will prepare a outline of upcoming MEOA events to be passed out and reviewed by those attending the Fall Trip for.    
7) PD Day Trent has investigated Hockley Valley & Peninsula Lakes as possible locations. Hockley Valley rates 67.00 for golf & cart plus additional cost for dinner. At Hockley there would be a shotgun start at 1:00 p.m. but Trent could investigate to see if they would accommodate a shotgun start earlier or not. At Peninsula the rates are 85.00 for golf & cart plus additional cost for dinner. Trent will check Woodington Lakes located in the same area as Hockley to see if they have lower rates. Preferred event spring date is May 31st 2018 & preferred fall date is September 13th, 2018. Final spring or fall date decision to be made after selection of date for Conference & Trade Show. Conference & Trade show date is pending availability of Fleet Summit date. Don to check with Fleet Summit for available dates.        No current updates. Ray will investigate regarding possible entertainment by a “trick shot golfer” that he is aware of.   
8) Field Trip Sponsorship cheque from ADESA for $3,000.00 has been received. So far 18 municipal members & 5 supplier members who represent sponsoring companies  have committed to attend. Goal for attendance is 30. Diane will book rooms in Detroit in the Greek Town area for 2 nights. A sponsor for the rooms has not yet been found. E mails to be sent out to members on Monday August 28th. re last chance to book for the trip and to those on current attendance list to ask them to confirm their attendance. Cam will investigate the May 14th to 18th, 2018 IFAT trade show in Munich Germany as a possible 2018 trip.       
9) Spring Conference & Trade Show Nottawasaga Inn is being considered for 2018 location as the venue worked well for this year’s meeting. Format for the event as follows: Day one trade show set up and show open in the evening. Day 2 Fleet Summit presentation & trade show open during breaks & lunch. Trade show would then close at end of day 2 and suppliers can move out displays. Day 3 Fleet Summit and MEOA business. Event would conclude early afternoon of Day 3. Spring or Fall date to be determined based on availability of dates for Fleet Summit. Don to check & advise.          
10) Action Items



Refer to action items above.    


Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 12:00 motion by Rick Ellig  seconded by Diane Shirchenko Carried.    


Next Meeting
Scheduled Date September 21, 2017 Location In The Region of Waterloo TBA 9:30 Start Time