Municipal Equipment & Operations Association – Minutes of Meeting January 13, 2005 (01-05)
LOCATION: Wheels Inn – Chatham
1. ATTENDANCE: Don Miller, Ann-Marie Millson, Brendan Keavney, Clare Pomeroy, Dave Sharpe, Ed Hofland, Frank Vanhie, Giuliano Duni and Jim Anderson
Regrets: John Duncan and Jeff Johnson
2. MINUTES OF LAST MEETING (12-04)
Reviewed and corrected. Jeff was to bring his present not Don. Accepted by Frank and seconded by Ann-Marie
3. TREASURERS REPORT
- Ann-Marie reported the year end financial was done.
- Currently have $14,429.03 in the chequing and $10,000.00 GIC.
- Ann-Marie had 3 cheques written which reflected expenses in 2004
- Executive reviewed comparison between 2003 and 2004. Frank raised concern about the Executive meeting cost. After discussion we were able to justify the increase. The spouse’s week-end which was $2000.00 was reported in the executive meeting. Everything was justified in the spread sheet.
- The report showed membership was down. City of Toronto was down, but we are starting to pickup some smaller communities.
- Brendan mentioned we should check and make sure we receive the proper funds from the CPWE show. At one of our seminars they showed 14 paid but had 21 in attendance.
4. OUTSTANDING ITEMS
Ann-Marie reported that nothing was done yet.
MEOA BUSINESS REGISTRATION
Don reported he was having difficult because we didn’t have an address and contact name. Frank suggested the treasurer. This is to be discussed further.
FALL FIELD TRIP 2004
Kitchener Kenworth’s money is still outstanding as per Clare.
FALL FIELD TRIP 2005
- Fall trip is a go. We are going to Allison and John Deere. Clare just has to confirm the dates. Jeff said Sweepster would like us to do a tour of their facility. Clare also suggested Ford Museum. This will only happen if the John Deere thing doesn’t happen.
- Itinerary suggested was John Deere take care of the Sunday, tour their plant on Monday and then back to Indianapolis Monday night. Tour Allison on Tuesday and go to the track again. Tuesday night we would have to arrange something. Possibly Sweepster and Ford museum
- We will have further discussions.
TRADE SHOW BOOTH
Nothing yet from CPL.
SPRING MEETING 2005
- We met with Carol Summers (519-436-5513) from Wheels Inn and discussed room setup and menu. The Ballroom will be for the meeting and the Wedgewood for lunch. Tables and wireless mikes will be supplied. It was decided to go with a sit down lunch. The choices will be chicken or pot roast with a salad and choice of salad dressing’s at the tables. Dessert will be apple pie and ice cream. There will have a cash bar. The Wheels will honor special requests for meals. We will have a choice of entrée’s which will be listed on the registration form. Meal cost to be confirmed. The fee for the room is $180.00. A block of 25 rooms will be set aside. A corporate rate is offered at $73.00
- Ed reported International is all set along with tours and they will help sponsor the meeting. He said they would like to do an introduction on their Diamond Logic a patented electronic system.
- Ann-Marie met with their CAO who will be glad to do the opening ceremony. He also wants to meet with Ann-Marie and the Economic Development people to make sure Chatham is giving their best. He suggested a tour of the Antique Car tour. This has been confirmed and offered for the day before.
- Ed and Jeff have both confirmed their speakers for the meeting
- Executive members have been in contact with people about salt management.
- We have about 3 hours for presentation.
- It was decided to do the election for the executive in between the presentation’s and the count will be done during the presentation. We prefer the nomination’s to be in before the Spring meeting.
- Topic’s for the meeting:
– National Guide to Sustainable Municipal Infrastructure
– International on their Diamond Logic
– Equipment Collision review and Operator Abuse – Municipal and Trucking industry, reporting and disciplinary action.
– New to the industry.
PD DAY 2005
Don mentioned that the PD Day conflicted with the CFMS. We decided to continue on that day. Brendan received a $1,500.00 cheque from Ann-Marie for the golf course.
- Everything is complete. We have signed for three years.
- It was discussed that attendee’s for the field trip will sign a waiver. Everyone agreed we should look at this again.
2005 EVENT SCHEDULE
Ann-Marie said the pamphlets were in for printing.
Brendan said he will run for vice president. Don will talk to John to see if he had interest in running for the vice presidents position.
5. NEW BUSINESS
Frank checked on some rates offered. Average was $.40/km.
- Mailing will be sent from Kitchener
- First invoices being sent out will have a tick off box for all events.
AORS TRADE SHOW
- To be discussed further at future meetings.
- May look at working spouse’s weekend with this show. Ed to check on location’s
NEXT MEETING: February 10, 2005 10:00 am,
LOCATION: London, ON.