March – 2017

Subject MEOA Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Chair Person Rick Ellig
Date March 23, 2017

Nottawasaga Inn, Alliston, Ontario


Executive Present Position Attended Regrets
Rick Ellig President ü   
Ray Klochnyk Past President ü


Jim Thompson Vice President ü   
Don Miller Treasurer   ü  
Dave Sharp Secretary ü  
Mike Fortier Municipal Director   ü  
Paul Peyton Municipal Director   ü  
Scott Boughner Municipal Director ü  
Andre Boutin Supplier Director ü  
Cor Bultena Supplier Director       ü
Cameron MacRae Supplier Director   ü  
Diane Shirchenko Communications & Marketing   ü  
Bill Greenhalgh Training & Compliance Director   ü
Clare Pomeroy Field Trip Coordinator    ü
Frank Vanhie Field Trip Assistant    ü
Mike Born I.T. Coordinator   ü  


Action Items Arising From The Minutes  

Item #

Action Required Comments


Target Date Date Resolved  
1 PD Day Investigate “trick shot” entertainment  Ray ASAP Pending          
    Draw prize budget & gifts Committee ASAP Pending          
2 Spring Meeting/Fall Show Bios required for speakers Andre/Cam/Jim ASAP Pending  
    Check re draperies Andre ASAP Pending  
    Contact suppliers re “new to the industry” and select presenters Jim/Cam ASAP Pending  
    Event photos Ray During Event Pending  
    Split list & make phone promotional calls Jim/Diane/Andre ASAP Pending  
    Add booking deadline to website Mike B      
    Provide attendance numbers to VCL & JJE   April 9th    
    Send survey monkey out Mike B April 4th    
    E mail sign up reminder Mike B March 24th    
    Send follow up E mail reminder & newsletter Diane/Mike B Week of April 1st    
    Prepare e mail communications & forward to Jim Rick ASAP    
    Book school buses Jim ASAP    
    Make up badges Diane ASAP    
    Prepare duty list Jim ASAP    
    Gift cards & golf round donation Jim ASAP    
    Plaques Rick ASAP    
    Bring large cheque Don ASAP    
    Alternate AV source Don ASAP    
    Meal adjustment to Inn   April 6th    
    E mail suppliers re electrical   ASAP    
3 Field Trip Investigate additional facility’s to tour including Chrysler Committee ASAP Pending  
    Investigate tour of City of Detroit municipal facility Don ASAP Pending  
    Prepare E mail to send to members Frank/Scott/Clare ASAP Pending  
    Prepare trip agenda & budget costs Committee ASAP Pending  
4 Web Site Prior to event’s confirmation attendance e mails


Mike Prior to each event Pending  
    Send 2016 minutes to Mike Dave ASAP Pending  
5 Marketing & Membership Investigate corporate membership for 2018 All For 2018 Pending  
    Final newsletter draft & send to out to members Diane Week of Dec 19th Pending  
    Prepare & post on web site Diane ASAP Pending  
6 Constitution Edits Send to members with covering letter Ray March 27th    
7 New Business Replacements for outgoing executive send potential candidates to Rick All ASAP Pending  
    Investigate electronic payment at event registration Sept 22 minutes Mike B ASAP Pending  
    Follow up re Donkey Sanctuary tour Ray Spring Pending  




Notes, Decisions    
1) Call To Order Meeting called to order by Rick Ellig at 9:45 A.M.    
2) General Comments None    
3) Approval Of Minutes The minutes from the February 21, 2017 executive meeting were read and adopted.

Motion to accept: Jim Thompson

Seconded: Mike Fortier,  Carried

4) Treasurers Report March 23, 2017 bank balance, $32,986.00

Reconciled Balance as of Feb 28, 2017 23,122.99

Motion to accept: Diane Shirchenko, Seconded: Scott Boughner,  Carried   

5) Spring Conference And Trade Show Registration to date 32 Municipal, 22 Suppliers & 12 Booths sold. Jim, Diane & Andre will split up the membership list and complete phone calls to promote member attendance and booth sales.

Mike Born to add booking deadline of April 7th to the web site. April 9th will be the final deadline for registration & numbers will be provide to VCL & JJE for tour attendance.

Survey Monkey to be completed April 4th to request confirmation of who will be attending tours.

E mail reminder to register will be sent out tomorrow. Additional follow up E mail reminder & newsletter will be sent out April 1st. 

Rick will prepare the communications to be sent out & will forward to Jim.

Bus to JJE will be a school bus and two will be required. Jim to book.

VCL will provide sponsorship for the hospitality room.

Diane has lanyards ready & will look after making up the badges.

Jim is preparing a duty list & will forward ASAP.

One hundred dollar  gift card for the member survey draw need to be purchased. Jim will approach the Nottawasaga Inn & see if they would be willing to donate a round of golf.

Rick is looking after the required plaques.

Don will bring the large cheque for the SUDEP presentation.

For the new executive either Scott of Paul will move to position of Vice President they will confirm. Two Municipal Directors, One Supplier Director & One Training & Compliance Director are required.

The executive were taken for a tour of show facility by Nottawasaga staff. Show set up was discussed & various questions asked and answered.

Don Miller is to check possible lower cost alternate for AV than service offered by The Nottawasaga.

The Nottawasaga requires numbers for any meal adjustments by April 6th.

Block of reserved rooms have been released but Nottawasaga will still honour the discounted rate & rooms are available.

Additional charge of 49.00 per booth is required for any that will require electrical supply. E mail to be sent out to suppliers advising re electrical charge & asking who will require.

MEOA has offered to pay registration for a guest for VCL & JJE. VCL & JJE to check & advise a guest would like to attend.



6) PD Day The door prize has now been looked after. Arrangements have been made for the May 11th executive meeting to be held at The Victoria Park East Golf Club, 7660 Maltby Rd. East, Puslinch. PD day will be promoted to the members at the Spring Conference & Show. Additional promotion will be discussed by the executive after the Spring Conference & Show.   No current updates. Ray will investigate regarding possible entertainment by a “trick shot golfer” that he is aware of.   
7) Website Mike advised that we are over our band width allowance for the month and that a additional charge may be applicable. Mike also advised that we are running low on disc space.      
8) Field Trip No updates.    
9) Constitution Edits Ray has completed the changes and prepared a 2017 constitution. This needs to be sent out to the members along with a explaining letter 2 weeks prior to the Spring Conference & Show. Ray will forward to Mike & mike will look after the send out.      
10) Safety Update As Bill was absent from the meeting there was no report.    
11) Action Items


Refer to action items above.    


  Rick advised that Franks wife will be joining him at the end of his hike and they will wear SUDEP tee shirts for a promotional photo. The shirts will need to be sent to Franks wife and Ray will provide the address.    
Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 12:40 motion by Jim Thompson seconded by Don Miller Carried.    


Next Meeting
Scheduled Date May 11, 2017 Victoria Park East Golf Club 9:30 Start Time