May – 2017

Subject MEOA Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
Chair Person Jim Thompson
Date May 11, 2017

Victoria Park East, Puslinch, Ontario


Executive Present Position Attended Regrets
Jim Thompson President ü


Rick Ellig Past President ü  
Scott Boughner Vice President ü


Don Miller Treasurer   ü  
Dave Sharp Secretary ü  
Trent Crowe Municipal Director    ü
Paul Peyton Municipal Director    ü
Bill Koch Supplier Director ü  
Cor Bultena Supplier Director   ü     
Cameron MacRae Supplier Director    ü
Diane Shirchenko Communications & Marketing   ü  
Stephen Sinclair Training & Compliance Director  ü  
Clare Pomeroy Field Trip Coordinator   ü  
Frank Vanhie Field Trip Assistant   ü  
Mike Born I.T. Coordinator   ü  
Outgoing Executive In Attendance      
Bill Greenhalgh Former Training & Compliance Director ü  
Mike Fortier Former Supplier Director ü  
Ray Klochnyk Former Past President ü  


Action Items Arising From The Minutes  

Item #

Action Required Comments


Target Date Date Resolved  
1 PD Day Submit final numbers to course Don Prior to May 18 Pending          
2 Spring Conference & Trade Show Suggestions for 2018 locations & dates Committee Next Meeting Pending  
3 Sponsorship Send invoice out for hospitality room sponsorship Don ASAP Pending  
4 Field Trip Investigate tour of municipal facility Don ASAP Pending  
    Prepare E mail to send to members Frank/Scott/Clare ASAP Pending  
    Prepare trip agenda Committee Early June Pending  
    Check for additional sponsors Committee ASAP Pending  
    Arrange Ford museum tour for Sunday Committee ASAP Pending  
    Prepare promotional presentation for PD day Diane May 18 Pending  
    Prepare signup sheet for PD Day Clare May 18 Pending  
    Book bus Clare ASAP Pending  
5 Web Site Prior to event’s confirmation attendance e mails


Mike Prior to each event Pending  
    Send 2016 minutes to Mike Dave ASAP Pending  
6 Marketing & Membership Investigate corporate membership for 2018 All For 2018 Pending  
    Prepare printed copy’s of newsletter for AORS show Diane Prior to June 7 Pending  
    Send newsletter to e mail list Diane/Mike ASAP Pending  
    Send newsletter to AORS Diane/Mike ASAP Pending  
    Prepare 2017 newsletter Diane ASAP Pending  
    Send articles to Diane Co Chairs ASAP Pending  
    Check with Lisa re article Frank ASAP Pending  
7 AORS Trade Show Prepare booth & supplies Diane Prior to June 6th Pending  
    Bring booth to show & set up Don/Scott June 6th Pending  
    Booth staffing Scott/Don/


June 7 & 8 Pending  
8 New Business Investigate electronic payment at event registration Sept 22 minutes Mike B ASAP Pending  
    Confirm with Lesley re executive position Jim By next meeting Pending  
    Post new charity & brochure on web site Jim/Mike ASAP Pending  




Notes, Decisions    
1) Call To Order Meeting called to order by Jim Thompson at 9:30 A.M.    
2) Welcome To New Members Jim, welcomed the new executive members & thanked them. Jim also thanked the outgoing executive members for their service to the association. Lesley Parker has not yet made a decision regarding joining the executive as a Municipal Director. Jim will follow up & if Lesley is not able to take on the roll then the executive may need to appoint someone to fill the position.       
3) Franks Trip Report Frank Vanhie provided a interesting overview of his hiking trip in Spain on the Camio de Santiago trail. Frank also advised that he exceeded his fund raising expectations & was successful in raising approximately $5,400.00 for SUDEP.    
4) Approval Of Minutes The minutes from the business portion of the April 13, 2017 Spring Conference & Trade show were read and adopted.

Motion to accept: Andre Boutin

Seconded: Rick Ellig,  Carried

5) Treasurers Report April 28, 2017 bank balance, $41,660.00 With outstanding cheques to SUDEP of $2,000.00 and to the Nottawasaga Inn for $8,708.13. Profit from the Spring Conference & Trade Show is $8,363.27. Estimated PD Day profit is $4,800.00 

Reconciled Balance as of April 28, 2017 $30,952.43

Don will forward invoice to Dave for Spring Conference & Trade Show supplies for hospitality room for Viking sponsorship. 

Motion to accept: Scott Boughner, Seconded: Mike Fortier,  Carried   

6) Spring Conference And Trade Show   Discuss survey results from 2017 show. Good input received on what types of presentations members would like to see. Most members responded that they liked the 2017 format with booths only & no equipment & with combined trade show & meeting. Some said that they would like to see a full trade show with equipment but only once in awhile. Decision made for 2018 to continue with same format as 2017. Good input received as to what the members would like to see for presentations To be reviewed when arranging 2018 speaker’s & presentations. Some members suggested that April is a busy time and some consideration should be given to changing to another time. For 2017 attendance numbers where 94 but some may have been missed in count.


Co Chairs for 2018 will be Scott Boughner/ Bill Koch and Diane will assist. Co Chairs to report back at next meeting with suggestions for next year’s location & time.  


7) Marketing & Membership Diane needs executive photos for the newsletter & Ray will send them to her. Current newsletter is on the MEOA website and any member who needs a copy can print them. Diane will have 100-200 printed copy’s made up for distribution at the June AORS trade show. Newsletter will be e mailed out to our complete list that includes non members for promotion of the MEOA. Diane will e mail the newsletter to AORS and ask them if they would send out to their members. a new newsletter will be prepared for 2017. Event Co Chairs will prepare & forward articles on the events to Diane. Frank will speak to Lisa and ask her if she would be willing to write a article about her positive field trip experiences.     
8) PD Day Last promotional e mail has been sent out and it looks like we will have 95 to100 golfers. Don will submit the numbers to the coarse. Total number of hole sponsors is 14. Foursomes have been made up subject to final adjustment and they will be e mailed out.  Ray has the draw ticket envelops stuffed and help is all in place for the registration table. Registration gifts will be handed out at registration. Hole sponsor sine’s will be returned after for storage in Brantford for next year.


For the 2018 PD Day Paul Peyton and Trent Crowe have offered to be Co Chairs.


  No current updates. Ray will investigate regarding possible entertainment by a “trick shot golfer” that he is aware of.   
9) Field Trip Confirmed dates are October 1st-4th. Don has contacts for the municipal tour & is arranging. Currently we have no sponsors for the Bus or for Sunday & Wednesday expenses. To check and see if sponsors can be found. Tour of the Ford museum will be the Sunday activity. Diane will prepare a trip promotional presentation to be shown on screen at the PD Day. Clare will have a signup sheet at the PD day for those interested in attending. Lowest bus cost of $5,000.00 was received from Ayr Coach Lines & Clare will make booking arrangements with them. A detailed trip agenda will be prepared for early June. Budget cost is approximately $7,000.00 and attendance fee will be $425.00.  


10) AORS Trade Show MEOA booth number is 205. Trade show location is Millverton ON June 7th & 8th. Diane will gather up the booth & additional required supplies and Don or Scott will bring them to the show for set up. Cam has rooms on hold for those who require them. Scott, Don, Frank & Bill we be staffing the booth.           
11) Safety Update CB radio exemption for hand held devices is expiring. There is a stake holders meeting on Tuesday May 16th. Stephen and Don will attend & report back. There is a May 23rd meeting regarding mandatory entry level training for the driver certification program. Stephen will be attending & will report back.      
12) Action Items


Refer to action items above.    


  Jim announced that this year’s MEOA Presidents Choice charity will be KOA Care Camp For Kids. Jim provide details on the charity and advised that it is a Camp for kids with cancer. Jim also showed a video presentation on the Camp. Te KOA Care Camp For Kids will be posted to the MEOA website. 


Open Discussion Outgoing executive Ray Klochnyk, Bill Greenhalgh, Mike Fortier & Andre Boutin all thanked the MEOA for the experience of & the time that they spent on the executive.    
Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 11:45 motion by Mike Fortier seconded by Ray Klochnyk Carried.    


Next Meeting
Scheduled Date June 22, 2017 TBD 9:30 Start Time